From the 1st to the 6th of September, myself and a friend travelled to Barcelona to see Billie Eilish and spend some days sightseeing. The City itself is a beautiful place to visit, and is perfect for people of all ages and families.
- Billie Eilish concert! Going to a concert in a different country was a really surreal experience, and I was quite nervous at points but it also felt like such a huge accomplishment and I’m so happy that I did it. The concert itself was fantastic, Billie has such an amazing stage presence and talent – she blew me away and I loved dancing to her tracks.
- Gothic Quarter. No matter where I go, I am always on the lookout for some beautiful gothic buildings, as it’s something about the design that just pulls me in. I really think it’s the most impressive architecture. The gothic buildings in Barcelona were no different – I loved the cathedral and the little streets that peeled off around it.
- Mount Tibidabo! The day that we spent up the mountain was one of the strangest experiences of my life, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Right next to the church of the sacred heart, was an amusement park and all on top of a mountain! We sat on a ferris wheel with the incredible view behind us, and laughed while we had a go at the Spanish dodgems and pirate ship.
- Sagrada Familia – I’d heard stories about this Cathedral, and been told by many people of the beauty of this place, but I was still completely blown away when we arrived. The architecture was stunning, the design and detail was completely beautiful and I loved the way the stained glass windows lit up the whole place. It’s got to be on the list of places for everyone to see before they die.
My favourite place I ate:
- Guell Tapas: We went to eat here on our last night in Barcelona, and the atmosphere was incredible – the food was amazing and we had such a wonderful time eating there. I love being able to find little places like that off main streets and having an unforgettable meal.
My favourite place I shopped:
- Bershka: I love going into this shop, because it always has clothes in there that really are my style. I bought a pretty pink skirt and a lovely sheer top that has stars on it.
- Louisa: I’d never heard of this jewellery store before so when my friend took me in, I was so happy to find really pretty jewellery for such a reasonable price. I picked up some new rings, a necklace and earrings.
I loved Barcelona because we had lovely weather and I really enjoyed the different quarters of the City – especially the Gothic Quarter. It’s probably not my favourite place that we’ve been to because I really enjoyed the other places, and I don’t think that Spain culture is one for me. But I am glad that I went to Barcelona because I really wanted to tick Spain off my list and now I have.
I really love when you can connect with a place and it feels like home to you, but for some reason I just didn’t get that feeling at Barcelona. The city was gorgeous, people friendly, and I loved the sightseeing there – I just didn’t feel any connection.
Has anyone here been to Barcelona? What did you think?